AIG Imoukhude Foundation Scholarship For Nigerians – The AIG Scholarships were launched in 2017 to provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Since 2017, twenty nine scholarships worth over £50,000 each have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms and contribute to their nation’s development.
About Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) works with governments, academic institutions and other partners to improve governance and transform public sector performance. This pioneering initiative brings proven private sector innovation, leadership and funding in a private-public partnership to attract, inspire and support future leaders of the public sector. With their continuing support, these high-calibre individuals will drive best practice standards of governance across Africa, ensuring sustainable economic growth and social justice.
Benefits of Imoukhude Foundation Scholarship
- Financial Support • Funding will be provided for tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- Coaching and Mentoring • Extensive coaching and mentoring will be offered to help scholars navigate their time at Oxford and make the most of the experience.
- Career Development • AIG Scholars will receive full support to map out their career development paths and access opportunities that are aligned with their areas of interest and that leverage the knowledge gained at Oxford
AIG Scholars will embark on summer placements during which they will gain additional knowledge and experience of their areas of interest and build their global networks.
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
Interview Date, Process and Venue
- Monday, 31 July 2023:: Admissions open for our 2024 intake
- Friday, 15 September 2023: Deadlines for applications to the AIG Scholarships
- Saturday, 23 September 2023: Invitation for Computer-Based Tests
- Thursday 5 – Thursday 12 October 2023: Essay Submissions
- Wednesday 25 – Monday 30 October 2023: Video
- December 2023: Final Selections
- Friday 5 January 2024: Deadline for MPP Applications
- May 2024: Pre-departure Orientation
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) on
aigimoukhuedefoundation.roundstone.solutions to apply
For more details, visit Imoukhude Foundation website on