University of Manitoba Work-Study Program In Canada – Applications from adequately qualified candidates are requested for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada. Students with financial needs who are enrolled at the University can apply for the Work-Study program.
About University of Manitoba
Since 1877, the University of Manitoba has been driving discovery and inspiring minds through innovative teaching and research excellence. Proudly located in the heart of Canada, the U of M has a strong and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors and community partners. With more than 145,000 alumni living in 140 countries, our impact is global.
Benefits of Work-Study Program
The Work-Study program offers part-time, on-campus employment for students with financial need during the school year. Apply to the program to gain valuable work experience and skills related to your field right on campus.
Requirements for Work-Study Program Qualification
To be eligible for the work-study program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have proof of a 2023-2024 government student aid package of at least $2,000; or, proof of 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding. If you are delayed in receiving your funding, please email Work-Study so we can determine a plan for your situation. (Note: Past government aid does not count; personal bank loans such as lines of credit and/or educational loans and registered educational saving plans are not considered with this program.)
- Be registered at the University of Manitoba as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in both terms (Fall 2023 and Winter 2024). Students must have a minimum 60% course load (i.e., 9 credit hours per term for undergraduate students). If you are a Graduate student, please contact us so we can determine your validity case-by-case.
- Have achieved a satisfactory academic standing with a minimum 2.0 institutional grade point average in
their previous academic session (not applicable for new UM students)
- Be residing in Manitoba throughout the Work-Study employment term.
How To Apply
Interested applicants seeking for University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada should follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete the Work-Study intake process
Step 2: Attend a group orientation session
Step 3: Apply for Work-Study positions
All students need to re-apply for the Work-Study program every year due to financial aid requirements.
To apply for Work-Study:
- Register or log-in to your existing UMConnect
- On the navigation pane on the left-hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Work-Study Program Application.
- Complete and submit the form for a pre-approved Work-Study access. After submitting the form, you will need to click on the “Accept” button on the right-hand side under “Action required by you” to view and apply to job postings.
You must attach documents demonstrating your eligibility to the application. This could include a copy of your 2023-2024 financial aid assistance, Indigenous band sponsorship, or disability funding.
For more details, visit University of Manitoba website on https://umanitoba.ca/financial-aid-and-awards/work-study