For Your Health 7 Foods You Should Eat Raw Rather Than Cooked – Both flavor and nutrients are altered during cooking. Strangely, heating food decreases some vitamins’ content while improving the body’s absorption of others. The consumption of raw foods is thought to improve overall health and well-being and lower the risk of contracting certain diseases.
I’ve listed seven items that are best consumed raw rather than cooked, and I’ll explain each of them in more detail below.
1. Raw broccoli, compared to boiling broccoli, includes significantly more phytochemicals that prevent cancer, such as sulfora phane, and has strong antioxidant levels, according to Health line.
2. When cabbage is cooked, the cancer-preventive enzyme myrosinase is rendered inactive. Whenever possible, cabbage should be briefly cooked.
3. The anti-platelet component included in raw onions helps to preserve heart health in addition to reducing the risk of cardiac issues. By frying onions, this significant and positive effect is reduced.
4. Another factor that makes raw garlic a food that fights cancer is the sulfur dioxide it contains. The dangerous substances are eliminated when garlic is boiled.
5. Tomatoes: Even though tomatoes are a common element in many meals, there are many health advantages to consuming them uncooked. This fruit is an effective weapon in the fight against obesity and hyperlipidemia due to its high concentration of carotenoids and other antioxidants. Tomato flavonoids have been discovered to boost the immune system and stop the spread of viruses and germs. Additionally, it decreases the chance of solar damage and supports the maintenance of healthy skin.
6. You can swap coconut water for soda when you’re thirsty. The high water and electrolyte content of coconuts is one factor in this. Flavored dried coconut
does not have coconut oil’s moisturizing properties. It also decreases the possibility of solar damage and aids in maintaining healthy skin.
7. Carrots have positive impacts on cardiovascular health when ingested in significant amounts. The flavonoids in this beverage firstly support cardiovascular health. Carrots’ magnesium content makes them a blood pressure-lowering food. The fiber in them can also help you feel full and reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, which brings us to our final point.