How to open a PayPal account in Nigeria 2023 – PayPal is an international online money transfer platform acceptable to nearly 190 countries in the world and is used by millions of people across the world. The platform was established in 1998 by four Americans, to offer money transfer services. Here will guide you on how to open Paypal account in Nigeria.
Paypal initially blacklisted Nigeria because of concerns over internet frauds. But being that fraud detection technology has improved considerably, coupled with the fact that Nigeria boasts of the largest economy in Africa, PayPal backtracked on its initial exemption of Nigeria from its service countries. Although Nigerians can only transfer money but cannot receive and withdraw money for now.
Roles of PayPal
PayPal allows individuals and companies to pay for goods and services on webpages such as eBay, buys and sells goods and services, donates and receives donations. It is also operating under rules and regulations leading the financial industry. Kindly note that operation of student account on PayPal has been abolished.
How create a PayPal Account in Nigeria
PayPal Nigeria account sign up is very simple and stress free. Kindly follow the steps below to create a Paypal account in Nigeria;
1. Visit the PayPal’s webpage on www.paypal.com.
2. Click on “Sign Up for Free” button.
3. Choose the type of account you want from the two options “Personal/Company account”.
4. Provide the required details on the form provided.
5. Input your email to receive important information from PayPal.
6. Create and confirm your Password that will allow access to your online account.
7. Input your personal data (name, contact number, home address and DOB).
8. Provide the requested information about your bank Visa Card or debit card.
Note that registration details should be the same with your bank account.
How to confirm and use PayPal
1. Input the numbers behind your debit card in the indicated field.
2. A link will be sent to you via email. Click on it to confirm your account.
3. Test the activeness of your account by sending money to someone.
4. Verify and change the currency preset on your account to the appropriate one.
5. Your PayPal account is ready for transactions.
It is important for you to know that PayPal takes charges for the service they offer and that depends on the amount you are sending within a month. You can get further information on this by checking their website which provides you with all the information you will need to transact on the platform.