How to use free US number for calls and WhatsApp in Nigeria – If you are in Nigeria, and you have been looking forward on to start using free US numbers in Nigeria either to make calls or to create WhatsApp account, then you are in the right page. In this article you will get to know how to use free US number for calls and WhatsApp in Nigeria
Disclaimer: This article is written for educational purposes only, techblogbase.com nor its staff are not to be held responsible for any misuse of the information we are about to share here.
How to use free US number in Nigeria is not something that is difficult to understand, by the time you are through reading this post, you will see that it is not rocket science. Using a US phone number in Nigeria is also some thing that sound suspicious because Nigeria has gotten a bad name due to the menace of Yahoo boys.
But for the sake of good people of Nigeria, we have decided to share this information, and will not be responsible for any misuse.
There are so many good reasons someone in Nigeria might want to use US number. Maybe, the person want to verify his identity on a websites that accept only US numbers, but do not accept Nigerian number. For example, to become Amazon affiliate, US number is required for account verification, and there are other similar cases.
Another reason of using US phone number in Nigeria is that you may not want to give your real phone number to people. Another good reason is that when you use US number in Nigeria to call or receive calls from family and friends in USA, you or them will not be charged at international call rate.
So, the beautiful thing in using US Phone number in Nigeria is that your US phone number will be linked to your Nigeria phone number, therefore you can give out either of the two numbers, and when the US phone number is called, your Nigeria number (MTN, Airtel, Glo) will ring. And, when you call somebody what the person will be seeing is a US number instead of Nigeria number. So, the importance of using US number in Nigeria cannot be over-emphasized.
There are too many methods one can get and use US numbers in Nigeria, both paid and free; but the one I am going to show you is free and easy to set up. Now, without wasting too much of your time, let me quickly take you through the steps to get free US number in Nigeria, but before I go into the steps, there is a vital thing I would like you to know before getting a free US Number in Nigeria. You need an Android, iPhone or iPad device with internet connection.
Steps to get free US number in Nigeria
1. Download textPlus app: You need a mobile app called textPlus. You can download it from Google Play store (for
Android users) or from iOS store for (iPhone users).
- Note: If you run into the issue of not being able to download the app because your country is not allowed to use it, simply use a VPN app to Change your location and Download the app.
2. After downloading the app, the next step is launch it, and also register using your e-mail address.
- Note: You will be asked to enter a US state and its area code. You can use Google search to find area code of any
state you want to use.
3. After you have completed the required process, a free US Number will be generated for you which you can be used to call or receive calls from people.
- Note: The app functions like WhatsApp, so when you want to call anybody with that your free generated US number, you have to go to app background and make the call; and when you get a call to that free US phone number, it comes up on the screen of your phone for you to pick.
- Note: Do not uninstall the app on your phone as doing that will stop you from making or receiving calls from your free generated use number.
There is also another notable app which can do this perfectly. The name is Telos App which is available on Google play store and iOS. For this particular app, you don’t need VPN for it to work in Nigeria.
But you can use the number to open WhatsApp, and the stop paying. For you to use that generated app to open WhatsApp, WhatsApp would ask you to verify the number either by text code or call code, please opt for call code.
When they call you on that US number, the voice will call the required verification code. Use the code and you are done. Thank you