Hungary Government Scholarships Stipendium Hungaricum – The Hungary Government (Stipendium Hungaricum) Scholarships 2024 are now available to international students. The scholarship provides for Masters level programs in any subject taught at Hungary universities. The scholarship deadline has passed. Every year, the Hungarian government provides fully paid master’s degree scholarships to international students.
The fully paid Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are among the most distinguished in the European region. The scholarship’s primary goal is to support the internationalization and continuous development of Hungarian higher education, as well as to strengthen the international links of the academic and research community.
Also, to improve the international reputation and competitiveness of Hungarian higher education. The Hungarian Government established the programme in 2013, which is overseen by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public
It is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending nations, and
it is already accessible in around 90 countries and territories across five continents, drawing over 5000 international students each year.
Applicants can choose from nearly 600 full-time degree programs in all higher
education subjects and at all degree levels, including part-time and doctorate programs.
We are glad to say that more than 81% of our scholarship recipients would select Hungary again, which inspires us to widen the scope of the scholarship in the future.
Hungary Government (Stipendium Hungaricum) Scholarships 2024 are available to pursue Masters-level studies in Hungary universities.
Subjects accessible: The following subjects are accessible for study under this scholarship program.
Bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, and non-degree programs are available.
- Tuition-free: Tuition-free education entails not having to pay a tuition charge.
- Monthly stipend: non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s, and one-tier master’s level: a monthly contribution to living expenses in Hungary of HUF 43,700 (about EUR 120) for 12 months, till completion of studies.
- Free Accommodation: A free dormitory place or a monthly contribution of HUF 40,000 to housing expenditures for the length of the scholarship. (Please keep in mind that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to the rental expenses, and in larger cities, particularly the capital city, this payment may not cover the entire amount of rental charges.)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. 180 EUR) a year/person
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend – doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 390 for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 500) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation contribution: free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40,000/ month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. 180 EUR) a year/person
Please keep in mind that these provisions are simply a contribution to the Scholarship Holders’ living expenditures.
It means that it does not fully cover all living expenses, and students must contribute their own funds to meet all
living expenditures in Hungary. Before applying, all applicants are strongly urged to research the expected living expenditures in Hungary and the city in which they desire to live; please see our Cost of Living page for more information.
International students from all countries are eligible to apply.
check details in link below.
How To Apply
More information / Official Website on https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/about/