List Of Top Nigerian Universities That Offer Radiography – Are you a science student looking to study Radiography
but don’t know which Nigerian universities offer the course? Worry no more because we’ve got you covered in
this article. Medical radiography is a lucrative course to pursue in Nigeria and there are many Nigerian universities that offer the course through their various Colleges of Medicine.
Radiological Science takes five (5) years to complete in Nigeria and it remains an excellent option for students interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
Admission Requirements To Study Radiography In Nigeria Universities
Here are the prerequisites for radiography admission at Nigerian universities:
Five O’level credit passes in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language, and Mathematics in Senior Secondary
School Certificate or its equivalent, plus a suitable pass in the JAMB and any additional examinations that the University may administer.
Direct Entry Admission
The program will begin with direct entry in the second year. Direct entry candidates must have at least two G.C.E. “A” Level passes in Physics, Chemistry, or Biology, as well as 5 credits at O’level as indicated in the UTME admission above.
Additional Qualifications: A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline, as well as an acceptable pass in any additional examinations administered by the University.
Radiography Course Length
Radiography courses in Nigerian universities last five (5) years. Graduates of this course would go on to complete one (1) internship program before enrolling in the NYSC program.
Employment Opportunities For Radiographers
Graduates of Medical Radiography can find work at Teaching Hospitals, General Hospitals, Specialist Hospitals, Health Clinics, Private establishments, and self-employed establishments in Nigeria and overseas.
List Of Nigerian Universities To Study Radiography
In this article, techblogbase.com outlines the universities where you can enroll and study Medical Radiography in Nigeria. Note that Radiography can only be studied at the university level in Nigeria. Image Processing is taught in Nigerian health technology colleges. Radiological Sciences are not offered at polytechnics.
The following is a list of Nigerian universities that provide radiography and radiological science programs.
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU Zaria)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences
- Baze University, Abuja
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Benue State University
- Coal City University
- Federal University of Lafia (FULafia)
- Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Kaduna State University
- Lead City University
- NOK University Kachia
- Pamo University Of Medical Sciences
- Osun State University
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Bingham University
- Evangel University
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)