NYSC Requirements for Foreign-Trained Graduates – Are you a foreign-trained Nigerian graduate aspiring to join the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)? If ‘yes’, in this post, we will show you the NYSC Requirements for Foreign-Trained Graduates.
NYSC Requirements for Foreign-Trained Graduates
Here’s a comprehensive guide on the essential requirements you need to fulfill:
1. Academic Qualifications:
- First Degree Certificate: Ensure you possess a university degree or HND.
- Official Transcript of Certificate: Provide a complete transcription of your First Degree or HND certificate.
- Mark Sheet: If you studied in Indian universities, a mark sheet is required.
- O’level Certificate: You must present your O’level certificate, which can be any of the following: WAEC, NECO, SSCE, NABTEB, IGCE, GCSE, or High School Diploma (for USA graduates).
- Credit Pass: Obtain credit passes in five subjects, including English and Mathematics, not exceeding two sittings.
- ‘Top Up’ Program: If you completed a ‘top-up’ program, upload your foundation certificate (e.g., APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICS, etc.).
- Medical Professionals: Doctors, Optometrists, Pharmacists, Nurses, and Medical Lab. Scientists must provide additional evidence and registration certificates from their respective councils.
2. Travel Document
- Nigerian International Passport: Your passport should clearly show entry visa to the country of study, first departure date from Nigeria, return date to Nigeria after the study period, and the data page.
3. Residence Permit
Graduates from institutions within West Africa may need to provide a residence permit.
4. In Case of Document Loss
- Loss of International Passport: In case of a lost passport, obtain police and immigration reports from the country where it was lost, an affidavit from a court, evidence of stay in the study country, and a new international passport.
- Loss of Academic Credentials: If your academic credentials are lost, you’ll need a police report, court affidavit, and confirmation of results from the
examination body or institution of graduation.
5. Non-English Certificates
If your certificates are not in English, get them translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a Nigerian university offering the language.
NYSC Special Notes for Foreign Graduates
Graduates with Diploma of Higher Education and Higher Certificate of Education are not eligible for NYSC.
NYSC does not accept attestation letters, completion of course letters, or similar documents in place of a Degree or HND Certificate.
Statements of results are also not acceptable in place of original certificates.
The NYSC Management may refer graduates to the Federal Ministry of Education for verification of questionable institutions or documents.
Married women seeking to be posted where their husbands reside should provide marriage certificates, domicile letters, and evidence of the husband’s identification and name change.
Best of luck on your NYSC journey!